This is a guest post by Chrysa from Thrifty Jinxy. Chrysa is a thrifty deal/freebie-seeker who loves sharing tips, recipes, and ideas on how to live a frugal life. Be sure to follow Thrifty Jinxy on Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest !
This easy and frugal recipe for Crock-Pot Pierogies & Sausage is sure to be a hit with the entire family. A great dinner idea with simple ingredients.
Slow Cooker Pierogies & Sausage Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and frugal crock-pot recipe then you got to check out this yummy one sent to us by Chrysa from over at Thrifty Jinxy. With just a few simple ingredients this is one of those great “fix it and forget it” type recipes. At the end of the cooking you just toss in your frozen pierogi and cook a little bit longer and dinner is on the table!
Crock-Pot Pierogies & Sausage Recipe
- 16 Ounces Kielbasa Sausage (sliced)
- 1 ½ Cups Sliced Bell Peppers (combination of green, red and yellow)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (peeled and sliced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf (optional)
- Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- 16 Ounces Frozen Pierogies
- Place kielbasa, bell peppers, onion, garlic, butter and bay leaf in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.16 Ounces Kielbasa Sausage –1 ½ Cups Sliced Bell Peppers –1 Small Yellow Onion –3 Cloves Garlic –2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter –1 Whole Bay Leaf
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- 45 minutes before you are ready to eat, add the frozen pierogi and turn the slow cooker to HIGH.16 Ounces Frozen Pierogies
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.Salt And Pepper
I click the link and just get white walled. I would like this recipe please.
Lady Heidi says
Hi Thomas, the link worked OK for me when I clicked it…But try it here: http://thriftyjinxy.com/slow-cooker-pierogies-sausage-recipe/
Rita Mass says
Low your recipes. Where did you get your crockpot? Love the design.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
The blue pattered slow cooker pictured in the recipe card is an older model and cannot be purchased in stores any more. You might look on sites like eBay or Etsy.