Perfect for holiday snacking or gift giving this easy 5 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Peppermint Puppy Chow is always a treat!
Slow Cooker Peppermint Puppy Chow
Holiday baking a treat making time is here!
I’m not sure how much you bake and cook during the holiday’s but some years I feel like my oven is constantly on and I am knee deep in icing and sprinkles!
This time of year I am always looking for new snack type recipes that my kids can make and give to all the special people in their lives. From their teachers, school nurse, crossing guards to their friends. Something that is easy to make and can be packaged up really cute in little containers and bags. All we have to do is add a handwritten gift card and voila! Instant holiday gift.
Puppy chow is always a classic hit and and while we love the standard version made with chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar this holiday variation of the recipe instead calls for white chocolate peppermint baking chips (I used Andes brand), but if you cannot find them you can just use more of the white chocolate almond bark and add 2 – 3 drops of peppermint extract.
Once you have made the recipe store it in an air tight container, or package up into smaller gift bags to give as a holiday gift or add to a cookie tray.
Crock-Pot Peppermint Puppy Chow Recipe
- Place almond bark and peppermint white chocolate chips in a 4 quart or larger slow cooker and melt it on HIGH stirring occasionally. This should take less than 1 hour.
- Slowly add in the box of Chex cereal stirring as you go, making sure every piece of cereal is coated with white chocolate.
- Cool on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate has dried, toss the mix in powdered sugar and crushed candy canes.
- Store in a cool place in an airtight container or bag for up to 2 weeks.