This recipe for Crock-Pot Huevos Rancheros Casserole is an easy breakfast recipe with eggs, beans & tortillas inspired by authentic Mexican Food!
Slow Cooker Huevos Rancheros Casserole
The one time I had Huevos Rancheros for breakfast was in one of the all night hotel restaurants out in Vegas. It was probably about 2 in the morning. Of course I was much younger then. I’ve thought about how good that plate of goodness tasted ever since but I am not a big breakfast eater or cooker so I hadn’t tried making them.
Then, I was inspired to try to make a slow cooker version for my family. This recipe combines the best parts of Huevos Rancheros to me – the eggs and the beans and makes it into a casserole of sorts.
You could add cheese to this recipe if desired but as far as I can tell, cheese is not included in authentic Huevos Rancheros.
My version was made with almond milk but make this with whatever milk you have on hand.
And if you’re thinking “what am I going to cook for breakfast when the kids are back to school?” crock-pot breakfasts are a great way to serve a healthy breakfast without getting up and rushing around. Enjoy!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Huevos Rancheros is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Huevos Rancheros Casserole Recipe
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot or 6 quart or larger round or oval slow cooker
- 8 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk (Dairy Free Milk Can Be Used)
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Black Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 3 Large Fresh Tomatoes (Diced)
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 4 Ounces Canned Diced Green Chiles (Drained)
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Adobo Seasoning (Store Bought Or Homemade Adobo Seasoning)
- 8 Whole Corn Tortillas (Soft Taco Size)
- Spray inside of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into medium bowl, add milk and pepper and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, mix beans, tomato, onion, green chilies, cilantro and adobo seasoning
- Place two corn tortillas at bottom of slow cooker to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spoon about a third of the tomato/bean mixture on top.
- Pour about a fourth of the egg mixutre on top of that.
- Top with two more tortillas and repeat layering 3 times so egg is your top layer.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for approximately 6 to 8 hours or until the egg is cooked through in the center.
- Cut and serve.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange!