A great side dish for cook-outs and other parties. Served warm with bacon, this Crock-Pot German Potato Salad reminds me of my father’s recipe.
Slow Cooker German Potato Salad
I remember my father making German Potato Salad when I was a kid and really liking it. Since we have Memorial Day coming up and several cookouts to attend (and host-ack!) I need plenty of easy side dishes. Most potato salad is chilled but this is served warm and does not use mayo so I think it makes it easier to keep out in the sun on a hot summers day! I am not sure whether red potatoes are “German” but I like using the red skins to add a little more color to the dish. Most recipes do call for Yukon gold or just regular white potatoes.
Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot German Potato Salad is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot German Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 whole Red Potatoes (medium sized, sliced, peeled or not as desired)
- ½ pound Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 whole Onion (chopped)
- ⅓ cup White Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Water
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Celery Seed
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Place all ingredients in a 5 quart or larger slow cooker (except the bacon).
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Add bacon and mix.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply