This fantastic recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is easy to make and oh so comforting to eat. Serve the soup with baked pie crust strips for dinner!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
My husband loves chicken pot pie. He loves me to make chicken pot pie. Not feeling well myself and having a small one that also was sick, I decided to change up my normal recipe and make it into a soup. Hot soup on a cold night is the best. I took my regular recipe and added more milk and left out the crust. I grilled a little sourdough bread to dip in the soup and it turned out perfect.
Freezer Meal: Add cooked chicken, peas, carrots, onions, butter and spices to ziploc bag.
Instructions for outside of bag: Add 4 cups milk and 1 cup chicken broth. Cook on low for 5 hours. Add 1/2-3/4 Cup flour and whisk well. Cook 1 additional hour on low.
More Great Tasting Soups You Must Try!
Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Cooked Chicken (diced or shredded)
- 2 Cups Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (diced)
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ⅛ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch Dried Thyme
- 2 Whole Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Add all ingredient but the flour to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add in flour slowly whisking as you add.
- Add in more or less depending on how thick you want it.
- Cook on low for 1 additional hour.