If you are looking for healthier alternatives to some classic dishes, give this Crock-Pot Turkey Spinach Meatloaf a try. Even my honey who doesn’t like ground turkey gave this one the old two thumbs up! He especially loved the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce which is so easy it’s a crime! I think you could make this recipe with ground chicken or pork as well if desired.
Crock-Pot Turkey Spinach Meatloaf with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
2 Pounds Ground Turkey
1 10 Ounce Package Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained Well
12 Ounce Jar Roasted Red Peppers
1 Cup Light Italian or Balsamic Vinagrette Dressing
1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread, Crumbled in Food Processor or Blender
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
10 Ounces Shredded Low-Fat Mozarella Cheese
- Mix all ingredients except for roasted red peppers and 1/2 cup of the dressing in a large bowl until well blended.
- Grease crock with crisco or Pam.
- Shape turkey mixture into a loaf. Should be about 8 ” X 3 ” so it doesn’t touch sides of crock. *
- Cover and cook on low for 8 -10 hours.
- In last half an hour of cooking, prepare sauce.
- Drain peppers and add to food processor to chop.
- Add salad dressing and mix.
- Heat in a microwave safe dish for about 1 1/2 minutes. (Start with 30 seconds, stir and add another 30 until warm.)
- Serve meatloaf with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce per slice.
* Make sure the loaf is not touching the sides of the crock or they may overcook. I made mine in a 6.5 quart crock-pot.
Make sure to drain the spinach really well or the meatloaf may be too moist and fall apart!
If you enjoyed this post please share it!