Yippee! We have our very first reader submitted recipe! I am so excited! If you have a recipe you want to share with us just fill out our submit a recipe form and send it our way (and be entered into our monthly drawing for a new Crock-Pot!).
This recipe is submitted to us by reader Penny Cothran, and it sounds delish! I am going to have to make this one someday for sure. I love a good French dip sandwich!
- 3 To 4 Pounds Lean Beef Roast (buffalo meat also works great for this recipe)
- ½ Cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 To 4 Whole Peppercorns, Or Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Hard Rolls Or French Bread
- Trim all visible fat from roast.
- Place in slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Add water to almost cover roast.
- Cook on low setting for 12 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker and shred.
- Serve on hard rolls or French bread (I like to toast mine a little in the oven first).