My husband is fond of the Pumpkin Butter. But, after tasting this, he said this is now his favorite. He then proceeded to make a sandwich with just this.
Crock-Pot Vanilla Spiced Pear Butter
7 lbs. Pears, peel, cored and pureed in blender
3 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Orange, juice only
- Add pear puree to crock-pot.
- Simmer on warm with the lid slightly ajar for 8 hours.
- Empty warm pears into a large bowl.
- Measure out 8 cups of pear puree (if you have any left, it is just like applesauce!) and add this back to crock-pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on high for 1 hour with the lid ajar or until the mixture thickens.
- Using clean and warm canning jars, add pear butter to the jars.
- Fix lids and rings onto the jars.
- Hot water bath for 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!