1 Loaf Frozen Bread Dough
1 Pound Sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Small Onion, chopped fine
- Place the Frozen Bread Dough in a pan to thaw. Allow the dough to thaw and then rise (takes about 9 hours).
- With a little flour, roll out the dough flat (use your judgement on size, but you want it more round then long to fit in the crock-pot)
- In a bowl, combine and mix the sausage, onion, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Add the mixture to the center of the rolled out dough.
- Fold in the sides of the bread and pinch the ends together.
- Lightly sprinkle garlic salt on the top of the dough.
- Using a 6qt oval crock-pot, take a piece of foil large enough to fit the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Form the foil in the bottom of the crock-pot (shiny side down).
- Remove the foil from the crock-pot and place the finished bread dough in the center of the foil (you will be able to judge where you want it based on the outline of the crock-pot that is now indented in it).
- Place the foil (spray oil the inside of the foil) and the dough in the crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil carefully. It is HOT.
- Slice and serve.
My awesome neighbor gave me his recipe for Sausage Bread. His recipe called for it to be cooked in the oven. I know he is a big fan of his crock-pot and prefers to cook in it. I had to try it in the crock-pot just to see if it was possible. The foil helped brown the bottom of the bread and made it easy to remove it from the crock-pot. My husband gave it two thumbs up! I love this bread reheated in the microwave and could eat it all day.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!