Crock-Pot Cheesy Harvest Potato Chowder
Author: Sarah Coulter
Recipe type: Soups & Stews
- 8 Cups Diced Potatoes
- 1 Pound Ground Hamburger or Other Meat
- ⅓ Cup Onions, Chopped
- 18-20 Ounce Bag Freezer Corn
- 2 Cans Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (10¾ Ounce) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package of Cream Cheese
- 1½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- 10 Ounces Velveeta Cheese, Cubed (I don't every truly measure Velveeta, but add until desired consistency is reached)
- Combine onion, broth, potatoes, corn, cream of chicken, pepper, basil, and thyme in crock pot.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger or desired meat in pan.
- Drain meat and add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for aprox 8 -10 hours. (until potatoes are tender)
- Add cubed cream cheese and Velveeta.
- Cover and let cook until cheese is melted. Stirring occasionally.
Sarah recommends light cream cheese and low sodium chicken broth for this chowder.
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/crockpot-cheesy-harvest-potato-chowder/