Crock-Pot Spaghetti And "Eyeballs"
Author: Lady Heidi
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 (3.8 Oz.) Can Sliced Black Olives, Drained
- 2 Jars Spaghetti Sauce or equivalent of homemade sauce
- 1 Pound Spaghetti Pasta (or Linguine)
- In a large bowl mix the ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and spices and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Form meat mixture into meatballs (I use a small cookie scoop to make uniform sized meatballs) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Press a sliced olive into the top of each meatball, making sure it is well "anchored" into the meatball.
- Pour enough sauce into the bottom of crock in crock-pot to cover the entire bottom.
- Place a layer of "eyeballs" in the bottom of crock-pot.
- Cover with another layer of sauce.
- Continue layering meatballs and sauce, making sure to end with sauce on the top layer. (In a 6 quart oval crock-pot this was just two layers of meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours until meatballs are done.
- Cook pasta on the stove top according to package directions, drain and serve with "Eyeballs" and sauce.
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/recipe-categories/entrees/crockpot-spaghetti-eyeballs/