Crock-Pot Apricot Chicken
Author: Lady Sarah
Recipe type: Entree
- 20 Dried Apricots
- 2 1/2 Pounds of Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 bag of Shell Pasta
- 1 Reynolds Liner
- Place liner in crock-pot.
- Rinse apricots and place at bottom of crock-pot.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Cut up Chicken thighs into quarters.
- Melt Butter and add half of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook half of thighs until golden brown, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place on Apricots, without draining fat into crock-pot and season with Salt and pepper.
- Then do second batch of Chicken adding the rest of the Olive Oil.
- Repeat by cooking on each side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add to Crock pot without draining fat into crock-pot and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour off all but 1 Tablespoon of fat in skillet.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until just soft, 2-4 minutes.
- Add broth to skillet; turn heat to high.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Pour contents of skillet over apricots and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Begin to boil water (when crock-pot is done) for shell pasta and cook as instructions on package suggest.
- As water is cooking for pasta transfer thighs to a serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour remaining contents into saucepan.
- Boil, stirring often, until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce onto chicken.
- Then place Chicken onto Pasta.
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/recipe-categories/entrees/crockpot-apricot-chicken/