Crock-Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Author: Phaedra Valente
Recipe type: Soups
- 1 Package Goya 16 Bean Soup Mix
- 1 Small Pre-cooked Ham, Cubed
- 6 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 5 Carrots, Diced
- Ham stock
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powderi
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- For the ham stock, we had a ham hock and the juice from our root beer pulled pork recipe.
- We put some veggies, old ham pieces, the ham hock, the juice and enough water to cover everything and let simmer for about 4 hours.
- We put in the fridge over night to let the fat come to the top so we could skim it and remove.
- Pre-soak the beans overnight for 24 hours in cold water.
- In the crock-pot add the beans, celery, carrots and cubed ham.
- Add enough stock to cover all ingredients.
- Add the seasonings. Cook on high for 8 hours (since the beans are dried).
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/crockpot-ham-bean-soup/