Crock-Pot Kale Soup
Author: Rebecca McLean
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 Package Light Keilbasa or Smoked Turkey Sausage, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 Head Kale, Chopped
- 1 Large Can Crushed Tomatoes (can used diced but is better with crushed)
- 1 Can Hominy, Drained
- 1 Can Red Beans (Any), Drained
- 1 Can White Beans (Any), Drained
- 3 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 4 Carrots, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- Salt, To Taste
- Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash (or equivalent spice mix)
- 1 Can Low-Fat Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock (beef is not so good)
- 1 Cup Water
- Add all ingredients to crock pot EXCEPT salt.
- Mix Well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, taste and then add salt as necessary.
- Cook 1 more hour on low.
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/crockpot-kale-soup/