Crock-Pot Minestrone (Whip It Up Wednesday!)
Author: Lady Sarah
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 Pound Hamburger
- 16 Baby Carrots Cut into ¼th's or Smaller
- 2 Ribs of Celery Sliced
- 1 Large Onion Shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic (I use pre minced)
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth (4 cups)
- 1 28-Ounce can Crushed Tomatoes with Liquid
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- 1 Can of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Cup of Macaroni
- Parmesan for serving
- Brown ground beef..
- Drain fat.
- Saute onions for several minutes.
- In crock-pot combine all ingredients except garbanzo beans, macaroni and parmesan.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before it's done add garbanzo beans, recover.
- Fifteen minutes before it's done add macaroni,, turn off crock-pot and unplug crock-pot, recover.
- Serve promptly at 6 hours.
- Can add parmesan on top.
Feel free to use Italian seasoning instead of Mrs. Dash, that was what I was planning on using, but I must have ran out!
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/crockpot-minestrone-whip-wednesday/