Crock-Pot Apple Jelly
Author: Lady Katie
Recipe type: Other
- 12 Apples
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Box Fruit Pectin
- 5 Cups Sugar
- Put apples (cut or whole) and water in Crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until apples are mushy.
- Remove apples and place in the center of cheese cloth.
- Hang cheese cloth with apples inside, over a bowl until no juice comes out.
- Add 6 cups of juice back to crock-pot.
- Heat on high for 1 hour.
- Slowly add sugar and pectin stirring until dissolved.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to pan for stovetop.
- Cook on high until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Test mixture to see if it gels by putting some on spoon.
- Once mixture gels on spoon, time to fill jars.
- Use mixture to fill Ball Jelly Jars.
- Set overnight until mixture thickens and sets.
Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies at http://crockpotladies.com/crockpot-apple-jelly/