Crock-Pot Zuppa Toscana
If you like the Zuppa Toscana (Tuscan Soup) at Olive Garden you are going to ♥♥♥Love♥♥♥ this recipe that you can make at home in your crock-pot. My husband actually made this for us the other night for dinner (served with a nice green salad and a baguette of bread. We are considering hosting an Italian inspired Thanksgiving dinner this year and serving this as the first course. It really is amazing!
1 Lb. Ground Italian Sausage (sweet or spicy depending on your preference)
1 Lb. Bacon, Chopped
1 Quart Water
2 (14.5 Oz.) Cans Chicken Broth (or 3 2/3 cups homemade
4 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, Chopped into bite sized chunks (you can peel if you want to but we left the skins on)
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Cups Kale, Swiss Chard or Spinach, Roughly Chopped
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt & Pepper, To taste
- In a skillet brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you cook it, rinse and drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet brown bacon until crisp, drain and set aside.
- Place water, chicken broth, potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon, and sausage into crock-pot.
- Cover and cook 4-6 on low hours until potatoes are cooked fork tender.
- Add greens and whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on low an additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!