Here is a wonderful recipe for Tuscan Turkey and Beans made in the slow cooker sent to us by reader Kim Lawson
that is sure to please when you are short on time for dinner!
Crock-Pot Tuscan Turkey and Beans
8 Cups Water
1 (16 Oz.) Bag Of Dried Navy Beans, (2 Cups) Sorted And Rinsed
3 Cups Chicken Broth
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Chopped Garlic (Jarred Works Fine)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 To 2 1/4 Lbs. Turkey Thighs, Skins Removed turkey thighs, skin removed
Rice Or Noodles
- Spray 5 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a 3 qt. saucepan, heat water to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Add navy beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water.
- Place beans in slow cooker; add broth.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together olive oil, 1/2 cup of the parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Press mixture firmly onto turkey thighs.
- Place thighs on top of beans in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender and turkey pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Return to slow cooker and mix with beans.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
You can also use chicken thighs….very yummy!