I used Organic Chicken for this recipe as that is what we eat. I only recommend this if you do not mind large pieces of chicken and the chicken to peel from the bone. I find the organic chicken is larger then the regular version. The chicken is still good but you will need a fork. Sorry about the messy bowl picture, but I tried to keep the sides pretty but this was not the recipe for that!!
Crock-Pot Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Wings
16 Chicken Wings and Legs
1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
6 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Cold Water
- Combine Sugar, Cider Vinegar, Ketchup, Soy Sauce and Bouillon Cubes in sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil.
- Placed Chicken wings and legs in crock-pot.
- Add mixture to Chicken Wings.
- Cook for 4 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add Cornstarch and water to liquid in crock-pot.
- Stir until cornstarch is disolved.
- Add back Chicken and stir until Chicken is coated.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!