I had some leftover strawberries that I wanted to use before they went bad. Making strawberry Preserves was perfect. I prefer to use the warm feature on the crock-pot. If yours does not have this, the low will be okay but watch your time and stir well. If you have an older crock-pot, the low setting will work just fine.
Crock-Pot Strawberry Preserves
3 Pints Strawberries
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Wash, remove stems and quarter strawberries.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- With a fork, smash the strawberries.
- Add sugar (start with 1/4 and add more if too tart).
- Cook on Warm (no warm setting, use low) for 6-8 hours with lid ajar until strawberries thicken.
- Makes 1 1/2 half pint jars of preserves.
- Hot water bath or refrigerate.