This is one of those recipes that I ended up with a bunch of steak and needed a way to cook it in the Crock! It turned out. really well and my whole family loved it
Crock-Pot Steak and Bean Chili
2 Pounds of Steak, chopped. Can use cubed steak, steak for stew or stir fry’s or just cut up a steak into small bite size pieces.
2 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/4th Teaspoon of Oregano
1 Large Onion, shredded
1 (15 ounce) can of Black Beans
1 (15 ounce) can of Kidney Beans
2 (14.5 ounce) cans of chopped tomato’s. (I used cans I had canned myself..yummo!)
2 Stalks of Celery cut very thin
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
1 small can of Tomato Paste
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cut your steak into bite sized cubes, unless your using already cubed steak.
- Put in your crock-pot.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder and Oregano to meat.
- Then cover with onions and celery.
- Drain both cans of beans, rinse, and then place over onions.
- Stir Sugar into Tomato’s and then add over beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once it has cooked, add in tomato paste and then season with Salt and Pepper if necessary.
If you would like this chili to be spicer, you can add green peppers chopped or even Ranch Style Beans instead of Black or Kidney. If you really like Cumin, add a teaspoon with the other spices before cooking.