A great reader recipe from Barbara Sinkkohen. French Dip is one of my favorites and my husbands!
Crock-Pot Slow Roasted French Dip
1 3 Pounds or Larger Rump Roast
1 (10-1/2 oz.) Can Campbell’s Beef Broth (do not add water)
2 (10-1/2 oz) Can Campbell’s French Onion Soup (do not add water)
1 Large Onion, sliced and separated into rings
French Bread, or Hoagie Buns
1/4 Cup Butter, softened
1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Package (8 oz.) Sliced Mozzarella cheese, optional
- Place roast in slow cooker
- add soup and onion.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cut into thin slices and return to slow cooker.
- Cut bread or buns in half lengthwise.
- Combine butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt and spread over cut sides of bread.
- Place on baking sheet andBake at 350-degrees until lightly toasted.
- Top toasted bread or buns with mozzarella, beef and onions.
- Serve with cooking juices for dipping.