An Italian classic dish is even easier in the crock-pot!
Crock-Pot Simple Chicken Cacciatore
1 Whole Fresh Chicken Cut Up (About 3 1/2 Pounds)
2 Small Onions, Sliced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/4 Cup White Wine or Cooking Wine
1 Pound Can Whole, Peeled Tomatoes
12 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
1 Bay Leaf
1-2 Teaspoons Basil
1-2 Teaspoons Oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place onions at bottom of crock-pot.
- Put chicken on top of onions and the rest of ingredients over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve over rice or pasta.