So I got to make this twice as the first time, I totally forgot to take pictures! Luckily it was good both times!
Crock-Pot Shredded Barbecue Beef
2 1/2 Pound Beef Rump Roast
1/4th Cup Water
3/4th Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Medium Onion Sliced into circles (you will chop finely later).
1 1/4th Cup Sprite
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
Buns or Rolls
- Trim Fat off Roast.
- Cut into 4 Wedges
- Mix dry spices into a bowl.
- Cover With Dry Ingredients.
- Place in Crock.
- Put water, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke into measuring cup.
- Carefully cover with wet ingredients, so that the meat soaks it up without disturbing dry ingredients too much.
- Place Onion on top.
- Pour Sprite on top.
- Cook for 6-8 Hours on low.
- Pull out and shred with two forks.
- Be sure to grab as much of the onion and chop as well.
- Add as much BBQ sauce as you please.
- Put back in crock to rewarm up to two hours on low.
- Put in bun and serve.
You can go up or down on dry spices depending on how big or small your rump roast is.