So I got to make this twice as the first time, I totally forgot to take pictures! Luckily it was good both times!
Crock-Pot Shredded Barbecue Beef
2 1/2 Pound Beef Rump Roast
1/4th Cup Water
3/4th Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Medium Onion Sliced into circles (you will chop finely later).
1 1/4th Cup Sprite
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
Buns or Rolls
- Trim Fat off Roast.
- Cut into 4 Wedges
- Mix dry spices into a bowl.
- Cover With Dry Ingredients.
- Place in Crock.
- Put water, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke into measuring cup.
- Carefully cover with wet ingredients, so that the meat soaks it up without disturbing dry ingredients too much.
- Place Onion on top.
- Pour Sprite on top.
- Cook for 6-8 Hours on low.
- Pull out and shred with two forks.
- Be sure to grab as much of the onion and chop as well.
- Add as much BBQ sauce as you please.
- Put back in crock to rewarm up to two hours on low.
- Put in bun and serve.
You can go up or down on dry spices depending on how big or small your rump roast is.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!