This is adapted from a recipe I got years ago on the back of a can of Progresso beans. Of course, I since lost the recipe and have been doing it by memory on the stove-top over the years. This is the first time I’ve tried it in the crock-pot. It came out delicious!
Linked up at: Your Recipe My Kitchen ,
2 Pounds Italian Sausage Links (Or Rope Sausage)
2 14.5 Ounce Cans Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies
1 15 Ounce Can Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), Rinsed and Drained
1 19 Ounce Can Light Red Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
2 14.5 Ounce Cans Beef Broth
1-2 Fresh Zucchini, Sliced and Halved
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook italian sausage and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Add all ingredients except pasta to the crock-pot.
- Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low (until zucchini is tender).
- Add shells and cook on high for about 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- You may notice the pasta soaks up all the liquid. You can always add some more beef broth if desired.