This is one of those recipes where I had something I had purchased (the dry ranch dressing) and needed something to do with it via the crock-pot. Ranch chicken is often done, and this is one that is often seen with a bunch of variations. My only regret is I didn’t realize I didn’t have any rice in the house. It would of been even better on rice!
One Yellow Onion Sliced
4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Pepper & Mrs. Dash Table Blend
1/4th Cup of Melted Butter
1 packet of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth
1/2 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
1 8 ounce package of Cream Cheese, cut into very small cubes
Green Onions chopped and Paprika for Garnish
White Rice cooked (optional)
- I first used a liner, spray with Pam on the sides.
- Place the sliced yellow onion at the bottom.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Pour butter over chicken and use Mrs. Dash and pepper to taste on chicken.
- Sprinkle the ranch mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for about 6 hours.
- When your near the 6 hour mark and the chicken looks cooked (I tested one of them to make sure it’s wasn’t pink) then you will make the rest of the mix.
- First scoop out 1/4th cup of the chicken juices out.
- Place in a large bowl and add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and onion mix and stir to well blended.
- Then pour over chicken.
- Place the squares of cream cheese over the chicken, spreading it well amongst the chicken.
- Recover for an additional 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, you can serve over rice, I garnished mine with paprika and chopped green onions.