Crock-Pot Quick and Easy French Onion Soup
3 Tablespoons Butter
2 Medium Onions, thinly sliced and separated
2 10.5oz Cans of French Onion Soup
2 Cups Water
4 Slices of French Bread
3/4 Cup Swiss Cheese or Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, add butter and onion slices.
- Cook onions until tender and they start to brown.
- Add onions, French Onion Soup and water to crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Prior to serving soup, top the bread slices with cheese and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve soup in bowls with French Bread on top of soup.
French Onion Soup has a way of making a winter cold go away and warm you up on a cold dreary day. This is an easy way to make a soup that you can heat in the crock-pot and serve. Granted it does seem like cheating by using the Canned Soup, but adding a little to it does help.