1 16oz Canned Pumpkin (or equivalent in pumpkin puree)
1 Medium Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Carrot, diced
1 Gala Apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 Tablespoon Sage
3 Cups Chicken Stock
1/3 Cup Stick Butter
2 Tablespoons Stick Butter (this is for the veggies)
3/4 Cup Milk
- Sautee onions, carrots, apple, sage and the 2 Tablespoons butter in pan.
- Cool Vegetables and then puree in blender.
- Add vegetable puree and pumpkin to crock-pot.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add in remaining 1/3 cup stick butter and milk.
- Cook on low for another 1 hour.
You can use vegetable stock or broth in place of the chicken stock if desired to make this a completely vegetarian soup!
Linked up at these parties:
If you enjoyed this post please share it!