Here is a yummy dish submitted to us by reader Phaedra Valente who blogs over a Recipes By Phaedra, check her blog out for some delicious recipes!
|Crock-Pot Pork Loin With Orange and Honey Sauce||
- 1 Pork Loin, seared
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 1 Orange Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Package Fresh Mushrooms, diced
- 9 – 10 Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 6 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 5 Cuties (Tangerines), juiced
- 1/2 Cup Kikkoman Ponzu sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Oriental Hot chili sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Oriental Hot Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled Ginger, minced
- For the sauce, in a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- You can go easier on the “hot stuff” per your taste buds, but my family likes it on the spicy side.
- Mix to taste.
- If you find something is missing, add a bit more until you get it to the flavor you wish.
- Above is the exact measurements I used and we loved it! Sear the pork loin on all sides in a cast iron or a non-stick skillet Deglaze with about ½ cup chicken stock.
- Add all of the chopped veggies into the slow cooker and nestle the seared pork loin into the middle of the veggies.
- Pour the chicken stock over the pork and veggies and also your sauce.
- Set the crock pot to 6 hours.