This is a great way to use all that garden zucchini. Also a “sneaky” way to get your family to eat zucchini!. I was surprised how the pieces tasted like pineapple.
Crock-Pot Pineapple Zucchini
1 46oz Can of Pineapple Juice
4 Medium Zucchini (need 4 quarts of pieces)
1 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
3 Cups Sugar
5 or 6 Pint Canning Jars with matching lids and rings.
- Peel and chop or shred zucchini. You want pieces that resemble the size of pineapple.
- Add Pineaple juice, lemon juice and sugar to 5 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Add zucchini and stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until the zucchini is soft like pineapple.
- Add pineapple zucchini and juices evenly to the jars leaving 1/2 in in headspace.
- Process in boiling bath water for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and check for seal.
- Use in place of pinapple in recipes or eat from the jar.