Here is a great reader recipe shared by Jason over at PaleoPot.com.
Great place for recipes if you are following a Paleo diet and love cooking in your slow cooker. This one comes just in time for all those cookouts we’ll be having on the 4th of July! Thanks Jason.
Crock-Pot Paleo Summer Chili for Burgers and Hot Dogs
1 Pound of Grass Fed Beef (Ground or Diced)
1 Pound of Pork, Turkey, or Chicken (By All Means, Vary Your Animals Used!)
1/4 to 1/2 Pound of Bacon
3 Bell Peppers, I used Red, Green, and Orange
Hot Peppers to Taste. I Used 2 Orange Habaneros
2 Large Onions, 1 White and 1 Red
2 Cups of Crushed Tomatoes
Half a Head of Garlic
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dried Habanero Pepper (optional)
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Cube your bacon into small strips and brown until crisped in your skillet, then set aside.
- Brown your other 2 meats in the bacon grease skillet and season with your dried peppers and salt.
- Dump your meat, bacon, and grease into your slow cooker.
- Seed your peppers and cube them into medium chunks or smaller, it doesn’t matter, and add to pot.
- Dice your onions and add them as well, see how this works?
- Don’t forget your garlic, any way will do, diced or smashed.
- Add your crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Stick your immersion blender into your slow cooker when done and blend your awesome into a chili paste consistency.
- Our finished picture shows you what you’re looking for. If you do not have an immersion blender (you should, mine was $20) you can use a food processor, but that means one more thing to clean up, boo to that.
- Let set in the fridge overnight to help let the flavors marry.