This is an easy recipe for meatloaf that you can make in the morning and serve that night. I actually really enjoy meatloaf even though it’s not something we cook very often. The only thing better to me than meatloaf and potatoes is meatloaf and mashed potatoes!! But I went for regular potatoes this time.
When I put my loaf in the crockpot it almost looked like a heart shape. I was tempted to make it into a heart and call this a Valentines Day Meatloaf but umm yeah meatloaf is not that romantic.
When you add your potatoes, make sure you’re not adding too many. If the crock-pot is more than 75% full whatever is at the top isn’t going to cook very well. I had to rearrange the potatoes at the end so the ones on the top could finish cooking.
Linked up at Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits
Crock-Pot Mom’s Meatloaf and Potatoes
2 Pounds Ground Chuck
1 Egg, Beaten
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Adobo Seasoning
2 Slices White Bread, Crumbled
1 Small Onion, Chopped
1 Green Pepper, Seeded
4-6 Potatoes Sliced Into One Inch Thick Rounds
- Grease crock-pot with a little butter or Crisco.
- Cut two rings from pepper and dice the rest.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, milk, seasoning and bread crumbs.
- Let bread crumbs get moist.
- Add ground chuck, onion and diced pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into loaf in crock-pot.
- Add pepper rings on top and potatoes around sides of loaf.
- Top with ketchup (use however much you like).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 – 9 hours.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!