- One Pound Dried Red Beans (Kidney Beans or Pink Beans Okay Too), Soaked Overnight
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Large Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Pound Can Tomatoes (I Use Whole But You May Want to Use Crushed Or Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ¼ Pound Bacon, Chopped
- Cooked Rice, If Desired
- Put soaked and drained beans into your crock.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 hours then turn down to low for 8 hours.
- Stir and serve alone or over rice or add to your favorite chili in place of canned beans.