If you have ever had one of those times, where you needed to use up 5lbs of potatoes, this is the recipe for you! I had forgotten that I already had a 5lb bag of potatoes and bought another..and well I certainly didn’t need 10lbs sitting around so I whipped up a big batch of mashed potatoes. Luckily my entire family (including the picky toddler) loves them!
Crock-Pot Mashed Potatoes
5 Pounds of Peeled and Cut up one inch Potatoes (Idaho or Russet)
1 1/2 Cups of Chicken Broth
1/4th Cup of Butter Cut into Tablespoons
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4th Teaspoon of Pepper
Dusting of Paprika
3/4th Cup to 1 Cup of Milk
Reynolds Slow Cooker liner (Optional)
- Spray liner or crock.
- If your potatoes have begun to turn a titch red or pink…rinse them well with cold water before placing them in crock*
- Place potatoes, chicken broth and butter in crock and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Carefully pull out potatoes, place in bowl add all remaining ingredients except for milk.
- With a potato masher mash potatoes well.
- Add 3/4ths cup of milk and stir.
- If this is your desired consistency then do not add more milk, if you want it a bit more creamy add more milk.
- Pour back into the crock.
- Cover and place on warm setting or low for up to 2 hours.
- Stir again before serving.