1 Cup Stick Butter, softened
1/2 Cup White Sugar
2 Cups Flour
2 Medium Lemons
1/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
Powder Sugar for dusting the tops
- In Medium size bowl, combine the first three ingredients.
- This is your crust.
- Using a spoon, form the crust on the bottom of a pan.
- Remember this pan needs to fit into your crock-pot. This recipe is enough for two crock size pans that will fit in the Crock-Pot. You can “stack” them in the crock-pot IF you have two that will stack one on top of the other and still be able to get the lid on.
- Set this pan in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. You will see the sides start to turn slightly brown and the center is no longer doughy.
- If you have the lemon portion ready, add it now. If not, remove the lid from the crock-pot until the second part is ready.
- In another bowl, add the white sugar and flour.
- Mix well,
- Next add in the 4 eggs and mix well.
- Cut your lemons in half and squeeze the juice out into a separate bowl.
- Check the juice to remove any seeds that might of gotten in there.
- Add the juice to the mixture and stir well.
- Add this mixture evenly between the two pans with the already cooked crust
- Place these back in the crock-pot and cook for an additional 45 – 60 minutes or until you see the lemon portion begin to puff up and settle.
- Remove pan from crock-pot and cool.
- Cut cookie size lemon squares and place onto a plate.
- Dust the tops with powder sugar and serve.
Inspired by a reader comment on the Crock-Pot Key Lime Squares, I wanted to perform a little experiment. I was able to stack my pans and cook in the crock-pot that way. I was going to use two foil pans, but found that they would not stack on top of each other but ended up sitting inside of one another. So I went with two different pans and those did sit one a top of the other. Slightly longer to cook then just one pan, but not by much .
If you enjoyed this post please share it!