This recipe is the recipe that started my LOVE for chex buddie mixes. Two years ago , I made two batches for a family gathering. Husbands family favorite cookie is the Lemon Bar. This tastes just like it. At the end of the day, I had no more Lemon Buddies left , numerous requests for the recipe and a firm warning that I MUST make this again. The original recipe came from the Chex Site
. I just changed it ever so slightly and added in more Lemon.
6 Cups Chex Cereal
6 Squares (1/2 package) of White Almond Bark
Zest from 1 Lemon
Juice from 1 Lemon
3/4 Cup of Powder Sugar
- In crock-pot, melt white almond bark on low.
- Add in juice and zest from 1 lemon and mix.
- Once Almond Bark is melted, add in chex mix stirring as you add.
- Stir until all cereal is coated in the liquid.
- Add powder sugar to gallon size storage bag.
- Add in coated chex mix and shake well.
- Dry on a piece of waxed paper.
This recipe is linked up at: Tuesday Talent Show | All Things With Purpose