|Crock-Pot Leftover Turkey and Tomatoes with a Kick||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 mins
I get sick of making turkey soup, turkey pot pie and turkey tettrazini with my leftover turkey so I wanted something a little different in the crock-pot. This recipe uses canned tomatoes, pepper, wine and a little chili powder to add a kick. Not overly spicey just a nice flavor!
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 or 4 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 – 14.5 Ounce Cans Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 1/2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (To Taste)
- 4 Cups Leftover Turkey,Cut Up or Shredded (White Meat)
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 6 Cups Rice, Cooked
- Put everything except rice in the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- In the meantime cook rice.
- Serve turkey mixture over rice.
You can omit the wine and add a little broth or water if desired. I use anything I happen to have in the house. Works really great the next day too!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe