This is a super easy recipe that can be made for a weeknight dinner or Sunday dinner just as easily. I used a picnic shoulder for this one but you can easily use a better roast. However this picnic shoulder tasted great slow cooked. You could also add some carrots to this recipe and cook along with your potatoes and roast, I simply didn’t have enough room.
Crock-Pot Italian Picnic Shoulder and Potatoes
1 4-6 Picnic Shoulder
10 Ounces Tomato Sauce (Or Spaghetti Sauce)
1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
2-3 Cloves Garlic Minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste
6 White Potatoes, Sliced
- Put potatoes in crock-pot with garlic.
- Place roast on top and add basil and sauce.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Potatoes should be tender and meat will be falling off the bone.
- Pour some sauce from crock over meat for serving.