So earlier today I posted an easy recipe for cooking a whole chicken in the crock-pot. Simple but it got rave reviews in my house! Now you are going to take the leftover breast meat from our Crock-Pot Easy Chicken with Mushrooms and Peas and turn it into cheesy chicken goodness! You can make this recipe with any chicken so if you have leftover chicken from another recipe, whip this up! While you are here make sure to stop by some of the other bloggers who link up with us in this week’s Whip It Up Wednesday. Tell them the Crock-Pot Ladies sent ya!
Crock-Pot Italian Chicken Noodle Casserole
Leftover Chicken Breast Meat from Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Recipe, Skin and Bones Removed and Shredded (or About 2 cups Shredded Chicken)
Leftover Peas and Mushrooms from Easy Crock-Pot Chicken, If Desired
30 Ounces Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup Shredded Part-Skim Mozarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
6 Ounces Roasted Red Peppers (Jarred)
2 Stalks Celery, Sliced Thin
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1/2 Cup Red Wine or Cooking Wine
- Add all ingredients except pasta and cheese to crock-pot.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, making sure celery is tender.
- Add pasta and cheese, adding additional wine or chicken broth if liquid is gone.
- Cook for 20 -45 minutes until noodles are cooked.
- Do not overcook!
- As soon as the casserole is done, remove your crock from heating element so the pasta won’t continue to cook.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange! and Recipe Round-Up!