Crock-Pot Honey Curried Chicken
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cut in Half
6 Tablespoons of Honey
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth (or Water)
4 Tablespoons Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
Greek Lowfat Yogurt
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot and coat with all the spices.*
- Pour chicken broth in to crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours. (or high 2 hours)
- Add honey and cook for another 1-1 1/2 hours. (on high i’d add another 40 minutes)
- Remove chicken from crock-pot and keep warm.
- Add yogurt to crock pot and stir so there are no lumps.
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes for a nice sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve with couscous or rice.
*(I don’t measure so my measurements above are approximations on the spices.)
If you don’t want the honey, you can omit that and just serve your chicken with some of the broth from the pot and a side of plain greek yogurt if desired. Or if you don’t like the greek yogurt, serve with just the broth. It tasted great even before I added the greek yogurt.