If you get too much cinnamon on the side of the mixture, it will burn. It is hard not to do this! This cake tasted like a honey bun.
1 Yellow Cake Mix (dry mix)
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 8oz Container of Sour Cream
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Pecans , chopped (optional)
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients and mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and pecans if you chose.
- You will need a baking dish large enough to fit in your crock-pot OR using foil to line the bottom of the crock-pot (criss cross using 3 pieces, shiny side down)
- Add half the cake mix to the pan/foil in a nice even layer.
- Add the brown sugar mixture evenly to the top of the cake mix.
- Next add the remaining cake mix.
- Cook on high for 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Remove the pan or foil from the crock-pot.
- In a third bowl, mix the ingredients for the icing.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cake and serve.