|Crock-Pot Ham and Potatoes||
- 6-8 Pound Ham Shank Portion
- 8 Ounces Ginger-ale
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 4 Yellow (Or Yukon Gold) Potatoes, Cut In Half
- Place potatoes at bottom of crock-pot.
- Trim as much fat from ham as you need to to make it fit in your crock.
- Place ham shank flat side down in crock.
- Stick cloves around the ham.
- Pour gingerale over the ham and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove cloves before serving.
You could try this recipe with sprite or 7-up as well. I find them a little sweeter than I like. The ham should be falling off the bone when it’s done. The more fat that is on it, the quicker it cooks so keep that in mind.