- About 3 Cups Chopped Leftover Ham*
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 19 Ounce Can Chick Peas, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Dark Red Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies
- 8 Ounces Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Garlic Powder to Taste
- About 2 Teaspoons Franks’ Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
- Place all ingredients in the crock.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is made from the leftover ham I had from my Crock-Pot Ham and Potatoes. I wanted to make a ham and bean soup like this Bonnie Bean Soup but had to fudge it a little for what ingredients I actually had. Their recipe calls for pasta but I chose to make this with just the beans and meat. (I made this soup on the 23rd but technical difficulties forced me to have to push this blog post back a week.)
Whip It Up Wednesday is a new blog-hop here on Crock-Pot Ladies where each Wednesday we will challenge each other to whip up a little something from ingredients we already have. No special shopping required! We’ll share a recipe one of the Crock-Pot Ladies concocted and invite you to join us and post your own recipes! Get creative and experiment a little with some different flavors. Post your recipe to your blog and link to it below using the blue button. Please link right to the blog post and make sure you link back to this blog hop on your post or grab our code below so everyone can join in on the fun! If you don’t have a blog, feel free to drop your recipe in the comments. If you have more than one to share, go for it! No linking to giveaways please.