Crock-Pot Green Beans With Bacon
Author: Lady Tara
Recipe type: Side Dish
Looking for an easy but tasty vegetable side you can cook ahead? Try this crock-pot recipe for green beans using bacon and bacon drippings to add some flavor!
- 2 Pounds Green Beans, Washed, Ends Snipped
- 12 Ounces Bacon, Cooked and Drained (Reserve Drippings)
- Bacon Drippings
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Dash Salt
- ¾ Cup Red Cooking Wine
- Pat bacon with papertowels to get some of the grease off.
- Crumble bacon or cut up into chunks.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until just tender.
- Add all ingredients to the crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (High about 5 hours).
- If cooking on high, mix once about halfway through.
I didn’t measure the bacon drippings but use your best judgement. I’d say there was about ¼ cup.