|Crock-Pot Greek Chicken (for Salads or Pita Sandwiches)||
- 1 Small Onion, sliced
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut in half, frozen is fine!)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Seasoning (I used a Weber Zesty Lemon blend)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt if Lemon Seasoning is Salt-Free
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Put sliced onions on the bottom of the dip sized Crock-Pot.
- Add chicken, and cover with the remaining ingredients.
- Turn Crock-Pot to low for 4-6 hours, until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork.
- Remove chicken to shred with two forks and return to Crock-Pot.
- Mix chicken with onions and liquid.
- Use chicken as filling in pita sandwiches with tomatoes, lettuce, and tzadziki sauce OR as topping on a Greek salad with a bed of greens, your favorite veggies, tzadziki sauce and pita chips*.
* I used the toaster oven on broil setting until crisp to make my own pita chips from sliced multi-grain pitas and topped with cooking spray and my favorite seasonings.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange!