Crock-Pot English Muffin Bread
2 1/2 Cups Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Yeast
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Sugar
5 1/2 cups Flour
- In small bowl, add yeast, water and sugar.
- Allow the yeast to “activate” (it will start to bubble up).
- Add flour and the yeast mixture together into a bowl or mixer.
- Mix until all flour is mixed (don’t mix more than that”
- Cover bowl with cloth and allow the dough to rise (about 1 hour)
- Remove dough from bowl and place into cooking pan.
- This recipe will allow for one large loaf pan or two smaller ones. Remember, the pan must fit in the crock-pot.
- Again, cover the dough and allow to rise a second time.
- Cook on high in crock-pot for 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes. Or just until the center springs back.
- Remove from crock-pot and remove the bread from pan and allow to cool.