I am participating today in the December Improv Challenge, where a bunch of other bloggers make up a recipe using a specific set of ingredients. This is the first time I have participated and to be honest with you, I felt like I was participating in an Iron Chef challenge where my secret ingredients were eggnog and cranberries. When I saw what the challenge ingredients where I immediately thought of a eggnog and cranberry bread pudding made in the crock-pot of course.
This came out really yummy, in fact it was so good we almost ate it all up (we had to taste it to make sure it was worthy right?) and I almost forgot to take a picture of it before it was all gone! And so, my picture above is kind of bad because I was too busy eating and had poor lighting by the time I remembered to take a photo!
Give this recipe a try and I am sure you will like it!
Crock-Pot Eggnog & Cranberry Bread Pudding
In this recipe I used day-old croissants from the bakery department at my local grocery store. However you can use any type of bread that you wish.
18 Mini Croissants or 8 Large Croissants, Torn into bite sized chunks
3 Large Eggs
2 Cups Eggnog
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Spray a 6 quart crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the torn up bite sized chunks of croissant into the bottom of the crock-pot and add the dried cranberries.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, eggnog, ginger, nutmeg and sugar and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over croissant peices and toss to coat everything and distribute the cranberries.
- With the back of a spatula or spoon press the wet mixture down a little bit.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- If you would like to add a drizzle of icing combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and drizzle over the top of bread pudding.
- Serve warm or cold.
For more recipes in the December Improve Challenge check out the following blogs!