Crock-Pot Easy Salsa Chicken
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Salsa Chicken is cooked slow and low in your slow cooker in foil packets. The foil wrapping keeps the white chicken meat (breast) from drying out and the salsa adds additional moisture too. You can eat the chicken as is, maybe with a side of rice and refried beans, or shred the meat and add it to burritos, tacos, top off some yummy nachos or whatever your heart desires.
Use your favorite brand of jarred salsa, or if you make your own homemade version that would be delicious too!
4 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts, Thawed
2 Cups Salsa
Foil to Wrap In
- Place a piece of foil large enough to wrap the chicken in on the counter.
- Place chicken breasts on foil.
- Add salsa on top of chicken.
- Wrap foil around chicken and pinch the ends to make a “foil pouch”.
- Place foil pouch on the bottom of the crock-pot bowl.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove foil with hot pad.
- Be careful as there will be liquid trapped in the foil.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.