Last week, my family and I were going to a baseball game and for some reason baseball always makes me crave either hot dogs or sausage subs. I didn’t want to pay the $6 or $7 at the park for a sausage sub so I decided to make some for us in the crock-pot to enjoy when we got home. I generally pan cook my sausage or grill it in the warmer months but my family said the sausage tasted even better cooked this way and I think it was a lot less greasy then pan frying it.
Crock-Pot Easy Italian Sausage Subs
12 Italian Sausage Links (Half Hot, Half Sweet)
1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
1 Red Pepper, Sliced
1-2 Medium White Onions Sliced
12 Slices Provolone Cheese
6 Grinder Rolls or Large Bulkie Rolls
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
Condiments As Desired
- Place the sausage, peppers, onions and liquid smoke in the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until cooked (should not be pink inside).
- Place two sausage links and some peppers and onions in each grinder roll.
- Top with 2 slices of provolone cheese each.
- Zap in the microwave for 30 seconds or so if desired to melt cheese.
- Top with mustard, brown mustard or any other condiments you like.