4- 4 Ounce Haddock Fillets (Fresh or Thawed)
12 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Oregano Leaves (Fresh if Possible)
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Red Cooking Wine
- Place haddock fillets at bottom of crock-pot in a single layer if possible.
- Mix tomatoes, oregano, pepper, garlic powder and wine in a small bowl.
- Pour over fish.
- Cut lemon in half and remove seeds from one half. Reserve other half.
- Squeeze juice over the fish mixture.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Remove with a flat spatula or spoon, carefully.
- Fish is ready when it flakes easily.
- Slice lemon and serve on top of fish if desired.
You do not want to layer too much fish but if you need to cook a larger amount you may. Cooking times may need to be adjusted. I made this in a 6.5 quart crock-pot and the 4 fillets covered the bottom overlapping slightly. We had this over rice with the sauce spooned over it.